Westfield replaces Lee County Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, a skilled facility that has served the residents of Lee County for over 50 years. Westfield will transfer patients from Lee County Nursing and Rehabilitation Center on Friday, August 16th with new admissions being taken on Monday, August 19th.
The heart of the facility is the 3,996 square feet of rehabilitation gym space with state of the art equipment to assist patients with their recovery from surgery, illness, or injury. “We are excited to be the first rehabilitation facility in North Carolina to offer patients access to a specialized piece of equipment, the SciFit Function C3.” says Tammy McPherson, Senior Director of Rehabilitation Operations with Liberty Healthcare and Rehabilitation Services. During the open house, guests will have the chance to see the SciFit Function C3 in action and talk with therapists about what to expect from therapy in a short stay facility.
Westfield offers a convenient location in the Sandhills Region for short term rehabilitation, skilled nursing care, out-patient physical, occupational and speech therapy. The typical diagnoses treated include, but are not limited to, joint replacement, fractures, stroke, and recovery from general surgical procedures. Often times, patients have secondary conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure or a heart condition.
Westfield will take admissions twenty-hour hours a day, seven days a week to align with the acute care hospitals that make patient referrals.
Additional Facts About Westfield-
- It is a 52,000 square foot facility that will replace Lee County Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, a facility that has provided skilled care to Lee County residents for over 50 years.
- The facility is licensed as a skilled nursing facility and will have 83 beds, 21 private and 31 semi-private suites, all have private bathrooms with showers.
- Facility has three hallways with 16 to 18 patient rooms in each area.
- Westfield will offer short and long term care, out-patient physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy, skilled nursing, hospice and respite services.
- The dedicated short-term rehabilitation hallway offers 17 private rooms and 1 semi-private room, all have private full bathrooms, flat screen televisions with cable, phone service, refrigerators, cafe dining, a private dining area, and outdoor gathering areas.
- Patients have access to a 3,996 square foot rehabilitation gym with state of the art equipment, a rehab kitchen that includes a clothes washer and dryer and an outdoor Rehabilitation Garden.
- Westfield is taking advantage of a quiet setting with several outdoor gathering areas for the use of patients and their guests.
- Always Available meal options and in-room dining.
- Offers complimentary Wi-Fi and Internet access.
- Offers transportation Concierge for physician appointments.
- Has on site barber and beauty spa.
- Lobby coffee bar.